So I ask, as we look at the Eagles right now, how are we feeling? Do the pluses out weigh the minuses? Does anyone honestly think the Eagles are Championship caliber?
#5 leads the way...
- McNabb is healthy.
- Westbrook has a new contract so he is happy. Westbrook is healthy.
- The linebackers, despite their youth, look ready and able to perform at a high level.
- Asante Samuel leads probably the best defensive backfield in the NFL.
The Eagles will have to overcome all of this...
- Jason Avant, Hank Baskett, and Greg Lewis will now get significant time at WR. Enough said.
- Can Andrews keep his depression under control for the entire season?
- What does it say about the defensive line that Howard, McDougle, and Klecko will most likely make the team.
- A special teams unit that somehow got worse in the offseason.
So in short, can a strong QB, RB, CB and LB rotation overcome a weak WR group, the team's best OL battling against depression, a DL that carries more than one retread, and a special teams unit that is special for all the wrong reasons.
Honestly, I say the Eagles will struggle to make the playoffs, but in the end they will.
Looking at the current make-up who else wants to smack Lurie for his "going for it and pedal-to-the-metal'' comments. It is scary for the future if he actually believes the crap that spills from his mouth.