I'll save you the pain...
- McNabb had praising comments for the tight end group. He commented on Smith, Schobel, and Celek. Should we be reading into the fact that McNabb did not mention Kris Wilson? Reports do have Wilson with a major case of the drops.
- Like us fans McNabb is psyched to see the performances of Booker, Jackson, and Stewart this Friday. McNabb realizes the potential huge effect that the return game could have on the offense this year. Guess McNabb wasn't said to see Mahe exit.
- McNabb was also complimentary of the WRs. In his praises McNabb failed to mention Reggie Brown. Should we read anything more into this? It was also reported today the Brown left practice early with an Achilles' problem...wonder how serious?
- Is it me or is the media really pushing Westbrook not to play in this Friday's preseason game? Westbrook seems generally happy with the progress being made with his contract negotiations. Despite this, the media kept hammering away at the idea of holding out of Friday's game. Please, this is not Green Bay, don't need the drama.
- Westbrook was also complimentary of the WR group. Westbrook also did not include Reggie Brown in his praises. Again, could this mean something?
- Andy Reid still thinks that his WRs are just fine. Sure about that Andy?
- If you ever need someone to keep a secret, Andy is your man.
- Seems Aaron Rodgers has a leg up on Kevin Kolb. When presented with the hypothetical situation of McNabb retiring and then unretiring (a la King Favre), Reid had zero hesitation in responding that of course McNabb would be welcomed back! I am slowly beginning to think that McNabb will be here beyond 2008. Oh the joy of another off-season of contract squabble!
- Jeffy Lurie talking about a cornerback's YPA? Didn't know Lurie had it in him.
- And Lito, I am thinking it isn't in your best interest to be exchanging jabs with the owner if you want your contract reworked. Or maybe, like everyone else, you have finally come to the realization that you are stuck. Stay healthy, then talk.
Time for the Phillies...