Here's a different view...
Few fans have the chance to get up to training camp. So preseason games are our first opportunity to view the 2008 Philadelphia Eagles. No longer do we have to depend on the media to get our information. No negative slant from the radio or newspapers or happy time with Dave Spadaro. We get to start forming our own opinions on the Eagles. We get to see the players, the plays, the action with our own two eyes!
Is the hype surrounding Jackson for real? The same deal with Booker, is he the real deal? Stewart, Howard, and McDougle same question.
True the preseason games usually have a vanilla playbook. But us Philly fans are a smart bunch, we can tell if the hype is legit.
So time to get FIRED UP! If nothing else tomorrow night is our first sign that football is back. Before you know it September 7 will be here. And please no one get hurt tomorrow!
Thinking Thoughts About the Eagles:
- During today's PC it was nice to hear Andy putting value on this year's special teams unit. Reid knows he screwed up last year.
- Tomorrow night is our first chance to see if Booker and Jackson are the anti-Jeremy Bloom.
- Loved Reid's response to the the media's question about YPA. No surprise that he didn't answer the question, but for once his no comment was the right answer. One would think that Lurie's comments had to upset Reid. Reid is doing his best to manage an unhappy player, he doesn't need Lurie screwing up his efforts.
- Anyone thinking twice about giving up their preseason tickets to the Jets now?
- Still no final confirmation on if Westbrook received a new deal.
- It was also nice to hear Reid finally show some public compassion for Andrews and his situation.
- Can't resist? The Eagles are one point underdogs against the Steelers.