- QB: Marc Bulger: Coming off the worst statistical season of his career. Does he have the ability to carry an offense that lacks the big stars of years past. I doubt it.
- RB: Steven Jackson: If Jackson can stay healthy he is a top-5 back in the league. Think 2006, not 2007, when judging Jackson.
- FB: Brian Leonard: Undersized for a FB. Leonard would probably be better suited as a HB getting 10-15 touches a game. Unfortunately Leonard won't see that action with a healthy Jackson.
- WR: Torry Holt: Some people are beginning to express concern about his age (32). Despite playing in an anemic offense last year, he still managed 93 receptions, 1189 yards, and 7 TDs.
- WR: Drew Bennett: He is coming off a disappointing season as a slot receiver. The Rams hope that a move to the outside will rejuvenate him. As the team's #2 WR he cannot repeat last years' 33 reception, 375 yards, and 3 TD performance.
- TE: Randy McMichael: The Rams expected more from McMichael last year after signing him away from the Dolphins. He is high on athleticism, but unfortunately low on results.
- LT: Orlando Pace: If Pace can manage to stay healthy he is an All-Pro. Unfortunately staying healthy is a big IF with Pace as he has played in just nine games over the past two years.
- LG: Jacob Bell: Some say that Bell is the most valuable free agent signing the team has had in years. The Rams' O-line will benefit greatly from his power and intensity.
- C: Brett Romberg: The best of a mediocre bunch at Center for the Rams. Don't be surprised to see Romberg benched at some point this season.
- RG: Richie Incognito On-field demeanor can rub some the wrong way. So can his history of knee problems.
- RT: Alex Barron: A great athlete at the Tackle position, though some question his passion for the game and shaky fundamentals.
At a quick glance, I would give the Eagles the edge at QB, RB, and as a group the O-line.
Again, the Eagles cannot lose this game. 0-1 is unacceptable this year.
Random Thought: If you are keeping track at home on this year's off-season signings: Lawton (cut), Boiman (cut), Wilson (cut), Clemons (injured), Klecko (DT after being brought in as a FB), and Samuels (real deal).