The 2008 season wasn't supposed to be like the 2007 season. We were promised a title, instead the Eagles are fighting just to get to another 8-8 record. To avoid the 2009 season being like the 2008 season, here's one fans' thoughts on how to improve our Iggles...
- It won't happen but Reid has to go. The Eagles need to hire a GM and a coach. The coach should be defensive minded. Please just hire Spagnuolo. This game, like every game, is defense first.
- Trade or let McNabb go. He is physically and mentally regressing. Usher in Kolb, but grab a veteran backup other than Feeley.
- See if there is a market for Westbrook. There is still talent there, but he is too injury prone. If they keep B-West they need a complimentary big back for 10 carries a game and short yardage situations.
- Finally admit that drafting Reggie Brown was a mistake. Trade the clown.
- Bye, bye L.J., welcome to your new starting position Celek. To compliment Celek bring in a TE who does nothing but block to make him a factor in establishing a run game.
- Get a FB who is a FB. So simple.
- Bring in competition to challenge Akers and Rocca. Their jobs should not be guaranteed.
- Thank Tra Thomas for his many years of service and say goodbye. Maybe move Herremans to LT, but address the mess that is this O line with draft picks. Have someone who isn't Reid picking them and someone who isn't Castillo coaching them.
- Dawkins retires. Get younger and faster at Safety with a guy who can cover someone faster than me.
- Bid Lito farewell. He looks very soft to me, like he is playing half speed on purpose. Reid should have taken care of this mess this past off season.
- Get a fat guy to man the DT spot. They get pushed around too much up front.
Is this really to much to ask?!?