When you look at this years' roster compared to the 04-05 team, it's not hard to make the argument that this years' squad might actually be better.
2004 -05 Offense
- QB: Jeff Blake, Koy Detmer, Donovan McNabb
- RB: Dorsey Levens, Reno Mahe, Eric McCoo, Josh Parry, Brian Westbrook
- WR: Greg Lewis, Billy McMullen, Freddie Mitchell, Terrell Owens, Todd Pinkston
- TE: Mike Bartrum, Chad Lewis, L.J. Smith
- OL: Alonzo Ephraim, Hank Fraley, Ian Allen, Trey Darilek, Artis Hicks, Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Jermane Mayberry, Steve Sciullo
My thinking is that the only position that the '04 squad might be better is at RB because of the injuries that B-West has racked up this season. But even at RB I would rather have Buck in place of any of the '04 RB reserves.
And yea T.O. was a stud #1 WR, but in it's entirity this years' WR group is equal to if not better than the '04 WRs.
- DE: Derrick Burgess, Hugh Douglas, Jamaal Green, Jevon Kearse, Jerome McDougle
- DT: Paul Grasmanis, Sam Rayburn, Corey Simon, Hollis Thomas, Darwin Walker
- LB: Keith Adams, Dhani Jones, Mike Labinjo, Ike Reese, Mark Simoneau, Jeremiah Trotter, Nate Wayne
- CB: Sheldon Brown, Roderick Hood, Lito Sheppard, Matt Ware, Dexter Wynn
- S: Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis, Quintin Mikell, J.R. Reed
With the Defense the only upper hand that the '04 squad had was a younger Dawkins. This years' team is superior as a group at the DL, LB, and CB positions.