We knew it was coming, now it's official. Torry Holt is out there for the taking. Will the Eagles be the ones to take him. I would say no, but there are a few things that maybe make me wanna say yes.
- Holt would come much cheaper than Boldin. You might even be able to get Holt on a 1 or 2 year deal (which the Eagles seem to love of late).
- Signing Holt would let the Eagles get a WR AND hold onto their 2 first rounders (well unless Jason Peters is in the plans)
- A locker room missing a leader like Dawkins could use a veteran that is a Champion.
- You would think that being cut by the Rams would make Holt highly motivated to show that he still has something left.
- Even at 32 Holt is an upgrade over Reggie Brown and even Baskett.
Or on the flip side, and as others are saying, maybe the release of Holt could even help the Eagles in trading for Boldin. The Cardinals trade Boldin and then sign Holt as the replacement.
Holt to the Eagles...let the rumors fly.